- About us
- Contact Us
GOAL :The broad goal of the teaching of undergraduate student in Pathology is to provide the students with a comprehensive knowledge of the mechanisms and causes of disease, in order to enable him/her to achieve complete understanding of the natural history and clinical manifestations of disease.
OBJECTIVES : To acquire knowledge and develop skills as under
1. Describe the structure and ultrastructure of a sick cell, mechanisms of cell degeneration, cell death and repair and be able to correlate structural and functional alterations.
2. Explain the pathophysiological processes which govern the maintenance of homeostasis, mechanisms of their disturbance and the morphological and clinical manifestations associated with it
3. Describe the mechanisms and patterns to tissue response to injury such that she/he can appreciate the pathophysiology of disease processes and their clinical manifestations.
4. Correlate normal and altered morphology (gross and microscopic) of different organ systems in common diseases to the extent needed for understanding of disease processes and their clinical significance.
1. Describe the rationale and principles of technical procedures of the diagnostic laboratory tests and interpretation of the results;
2. Perform the simple bed-side tests on blood, urine and other biological fluid samples;
3. Draw a rational scheme of investigations aimed at diagnosing and managing the cases of common disorders;
4. Understand biochemical/physiological disturbances that occur as a result of disease in collaboration with pre-clinical departments.
At the end of training he/she should be able to integrate the causes of disease and relationship of different etiological factors (social, economic and environmental) that contribute to the natural history of diseases most prevalent in India.
Admission (SFI & NRI) is through Central Admission Committee (www.medadmbjmc.in) and by merits only. There is no management quota. Even after last counselling, if seat is vacant, admission is not given by this institute. If any person demands money for admission to this institute, inform the Vigilance Cell of Government of Gujarat.