- About us
- Contact Us
Please Read This Instruction Carefully.
There are two hostels, one for boys and one for girls with equal no. of seats. If you are planning to stay in hostel, fill in hostel admission form and hand it over for quick processing. Mess facility is available in Hostel, College Canteen. No private electronic or electric equipment or furniture will be allowed in hostel.
You should report to the Medical College timely to complete the formalities like bond etc. The college is located in General Hospital Campus in Junagadh. It is just a 2 KM distance from the State transport Bus terminus and 1 KM from Railway station junagadh.
How to reach Junagadh:
Public Transport in Junagadh is limited to City Bus and Auto Rickshaws. As the old city area is very congested, city bus service is not available in some old city areas. However, the city is not that big in area. City bus service is operated by a partnership mode between Municipal Corporation and a private firm. Taxi service is very limited but taxis are available in numbers though mostly for intercity journeys. Junagadh is well connected by Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation buses with most cities in Gujarat.
Junagadh is connected to Rajkot(100 KM)and Ahmedabad (350 KM)by National Highway NH8D which also connects Junagadh to Veraval (86 KM) and Somnath (94 KM). Junagadh city Bypass on NH8D obviates the need for through vehicles to enter the city. In the south, Junagadh is connected to Bilkha(22 KM) and Sasan Gir (78 KM)Lion Sanctuary. Kalwo river runs through Junagadh; Ferguson bridge is built over it to connect the two parts of the city. A bridge is also constructed on river Sonrakh in the northern outskirts of the city. Mount Girnar is connected with Junagadh by road. Rickshaws are generally preferred as a mode of transportation.
Important numbers :Junagadh bus stand 0285 263 0303, https://www.gsrtc.in/site/index.html
Mahasagar Travels +91 9724337108, +91 9724337106
Junagadh comes under Western Railway zone of Indian Railways. Junagadh is connected with Rajkot and Veraval by railway lines. Many long-distance trains connect Junagadh to other cities in India.
Railway Enquiry: 139
Junagadh city does not have an airport due to mountainous terrain. Keshod Airport, 40 km. southwest of Junagadh used to have a scheduled daily flight from Mumbai though no scheduled services operate from it currently. Other nearest airports are Rajkot Airport 99 km and Porbandar 113 km.
Junagadh district has a long shoreline of 192 km in total. But Junagadh city is not on the shoreline. The nearest seaport is Veraval and it is mainly used for commercial product exports and imports. Passenger ferries are very limited.
Important Number: Ro-Ro ferry Service: 1800-212-5737
Fee and Deposits:
Fees for General quota student is Rs.3,00,000/- per year and for NRI students $20,000 (8.25 Lakh.MQ) per annum, which is decided by the Rs.6,000/- Fee Committee every year.
• The one time Hostel Deposit is Rs.5,000/- which will be refundable while leaving the Hostel, for which student need to produce original receipt of payment.
• College caution money, Library fee per term, Hostel - Fee and deposit for one term and student association fee per term will be collected at the time of reporting.
• Mess charges will be extra.
• Enrollment/Eligibility certificate fee is to be paid to BKNM University along with the enrollment form.
• You have to pay for journals and answer books of part ending examination, terminal examinations and preliminary internal assessment examination separately to the respective departments.
Please bring 10 colour passport size photographs at the time of reporting.
• 1 for library membership
• 3 for hostel form
• 1 for bank account
• 1 for student association
• 1 for student record section
• 1 for identity card
• 2 extra photograph
Following items you have to procure from Junagadh or place where a medical college is located and brought at the time of reporting.
2 white aprons with full sleeves & name plate with black background and white letters, dissection box for human body dissection, bone set, a set of Automated disposable pricking lancets.
For the students who wants to get admission in hostel they should bring / purchase following things – 1 mattress, 1 blanket, 2 pillow cover, 2 bed sheets, 2 towels, 2 white handkerchief, 2 small napkins, 2 pairs of shocks, 1 nail cutter, Shaving kit for boys, needle and white thread, Black shoe polish & shoe brush , bathroom sleepers, sport shoes, 1 twenty litters bucket & a tumbler with student name on it with marker pen, washing soap / powder, bathing soap & Soap cash / shampoo, tooth brush, tooth paste & tooth brush holder, tongue cleaner ,Oil and comb, suitable size mirror, 6 aluminium/Steel hangars, 12 feet plastic string, 5 liters plastic water jug, a packet of wax candles with match box or a small torch, 1 stain less steel Tiffin carrier, (Though the electric failure is not common in Junagadh but, it is better to keep emergency light and mobile phone with an instruction not to use in college premises).
Almost all major banks have their branches in Junagadh.
Due to stringent R.B.I. regulations, it is advisable to bring the identification letter/ certificate from your present bankers along with 2 recent passport size photographs Which will facilitate in opening the bank account
GMERS medical college and general hospital, attached to medical college, Junagadh is a 300 bed hospital at present where all major specialist services are available. It is to be developed into 750 bed hospital. There are number of private practitioners practicing all specialties in Junagadh.
Bring adequate certified copies of the following documents / certificate as they will be required for submission to the university and other authorities.
1. H.S.C. mark sheet
2. School leaving certificate.
3. Attempt certificate for H.S.C. [xii std] examination
4. Caste certificate (if applicable)
The original certificate will be retained by the college (if collected at the time of admission)
Academic terms and examinations:
August to January
Declared later or may be cancelled
1st terminal in January
February to July
Declared later or may be cancelled
Preliminary Examination in July, University Examination in August
Dates will be decided by the university examination section.
• BKNM University, following the revised M.C.I. regulations regarding curriculum, examination etc.
• The 1st MBBS course will comprise of two academic terms (as mentioned above). University examination and result period is included in these two academic terms. University examination will be conducted in 2nd term (i.e. In august 2018).
• To appear in university examination, as per the M.C.I. and BKNM university guide lines, students should have 75% attendance in theory and practical and 35 % marks in internal examinations. Students who will not secure requisite attendance and internal marks; will not be allowed to appear in university examination.
• The regular first MBBS teaching schedule will commence from august every year.
• as parent/ guardian if you have any query in this regard or regarding the academic progress of your child at any time in future, you can contact head of the department of the respective subject. You can also contact the hostel warden for the matters regarding the hostel.
• You can also meet dean of the college with prior appointment.
Important instructions to parents:
• Not to encourage the students to come to home too frequently.
• After the first terminal examination please meet the concerned teachers.
• Holidays: 7 days – twice in a year- deepawali & summer holidays 15 days approx.
• Inlands letters: submit three self-addressed inland letters to the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry departments, and to the student sections.
• Important websites: www.gujhealth.gov.in
Affiliated University : http://www.bknmu.edu.in
Admission (SFI & NRI) is through Central Admission Committee (www.medadmbjmc.in) and by merits only. There is no management quota. Even after last counselling, if seat is vacant, admission is not given by this institute. If any person demands money for admission to this institute, inform the Vigilance Cell of Government of Gujarat.